Designed to introduce unfamiliar riders to Surly’s pavement and gravel line, Preamble highlights Surly’s most essential features: Durable custom steel tubing, a renowned ride feel, and just the right mounts for running racks, fenders, and bottle cages. Available in flat-bar and drop-bar configurations, it’s disc-brake specific and shares a single-position vertical dropout with Surly Bridge Club. For new weekend riders and veteran commuters, Preamble makes it easier than ever to get out of the car and on top of tough and comfortable Chromoly steel.
- 100% Surly Chromoly steel frame and fork; double-butted main triangle
- Five frame sizes to fit nearly every size rider (XS, S, M, L, XL), with a slightly sloped top tube on XS and Small frames for improved standover and comfort
- Friendly with 1x and 2x drivetrains
- Mounts for racks, fenders, and two bottle cages (located on the seat tube and down tube)
- Clearance for 650b x 41mm tires on XS–S frame sizes (with or without fenders); 700c x 41mm tires on M–XL frame sizes (with or without fenders)